Name:
Location: Texas, United States

a follower of Jesus Christ and student of ancient Hebrew and Greek scriptures

Tuesday, December 09, 2008




The filling is what really makes so many desserts. Twinkies, Hostess Cupcakes, Pop Tarts. You know. All those culinary masterpieces. The filling also can really ruin a dessert. I can't tell you how many times I have bitten into a filled donut only to regret it once my teeth pierced the sweet pastry and I got a taste of what was on the inside.


I have lately been focusing my attention on Ephesians 3:19b, "that you may be filled with all the fullness of God". To me, that is an awesome prospect. When I get poked, something delightful rather than disgusting could come out. Also, my life can be characterized more by contentment than craving.


For several weeks, I have been teaching on this topic, so in the next several blogs I will reiterate and expand on some of the insights that I have drawn from Ephesians 3:14-19--



ESV Ephesians 3:14 For this reason I bow my knees before the Father, 15 from whom every family in heaven and on earth is named, 16 that according to the riches of his glory he may grant you to be strengthened with power through his Spirit in your inner being, 17 so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith - that you, being rooted and grounded in love, 18 may have strength to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth, 19 and to know the love of Christ that surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled with all the fullness of God.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home