Name:
Location: Texas, United States

a follower of Jesus Christ and student of ancient Hebrew and Greek scriptures

Thursday, September 30, 2010

In the Moment

As I was driving to jail yesterday (I'll let you imagine why), my mind was working through my "to do" list for the day and week. Then a thought popped into my head. What was at the end of the list? A microwaved bowl of Chinese noodles (I love those things!)? A little television before bed? The weekend? I find that so much of my day is "working through" to "get to". And I sadly confess, that what I am "getting to" is, too often, not God. It's not bad, but it's not God. When I value God supremely, I don't have to work through duties to get to what I really want. In each moment, I am working with the One I really want.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home