Name:
Location: Texas, United States

a follower of Jesus Christ and student of ancient Hebrew and Greek scriptures

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

As distressing as it may be to us introverts, the fullness of God is experienced in community. Throughout the passage we have been looking at, Paul uses the second person PLURAL to address his audience. Although I do believe that I can personally experience the fullness of God, Paul did not intend for the fullness of God to be the product of a "privatized spirituality." The glory that fills the temple Jesus is now building manifests itself in and through community. I should not think that I can disconnect from other believers, practice some type of private spiritual disciplines and expect that I am going to experience the fullness that Paul is talking about. It is the Spirit-filled interaction within the New Covenant ecclessia that develops and displays the New Covenant shekinah that Paul prays for.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home